If you have been affected by disaster - please do the following:
- Receive the form by mail or hard copy from your Department of Agriculture office or download a copy here:??English??| ?Afrikaans.
- Read the survey carefully and complete the form in detail.
- Return?the form to the Department of Agriculture office within two weeks.
An official will contact you as soon as all forms for a specific disaster have been completed and you will be instructed as to the way forward.
Contact person: ?Zaibu Arai ?| ?Tel. 021 808 5368 ?| ?Email:?ZaibuA@elsenburg.com
Documents can also be downloaded here: ?Disaster Risk Management
The purpose of this Programme is to provide sustainable resource management solutions and methodologies through the provision of agricultural engineering and LandCare services, pro-active communication, facilitation and implementation of projects as well as technology transfer to our clients and partners. The Programme is also responsible for the implementation and management of disaster aid schemes and to provide comments on applications for sub-division and/or rezoning of agricultural land.
The Programme is structured into four sub-programmes, namely:
- Engineering Services
- Land Use Management
- Disaster Risk Management
The strategic objectives of the Programme: SRM are:
- Provide engineering support (planning, development, monitoring and evaluation) with regards to irrigation technology, on-farm mechanisation, value adding, farm structures, resource conservation management, operation and maintenance of farm equipment, machinery, tools and implements solutions
- Promote the sustainable use and management of natural agricultural resources
- Promote the implementation of sustainable use and management of natural agricultural resources through regulated land use (Act 43 of 1983 and Act 70 of 1970)
- Provide support services to clients with regards to agricultural disaster risk management.
The main function of the sub programme: Agricultural Engineering Services is to protect the natural resources of the Western Cape with the aim of maintaining a sustainable agricultural sector.
At the same time, we also deliver a number of specialised agricultural engineering services to our clients, as well as to all the Department’s research farms in the Western Cape. For more information on these services, please refer to the section "Specialised Services / Engineering Services".
LandCare is a national movement aimed at restoring sustainability to land and water management in both rural and urban areas. It encompasses integrated sustainable natural resource management where the primary causes of natural resource decline are recognised and addressed.? LandCare is community based and community led and seeks to achieve sustainable livelihoods through capacity building and related strategies. LandCare policies will be developed and achieved through the formation of partnerships with a wide range of groups from within and outside Government through a process that blends together appropriate upper level policy processes with bottom-up feedback mechanisms.
For more information on LandCare, please refer to the section "Specialised Services / LandCare".
Contact us for any further enquiries in your region:
The sub-programme: Agricultural Disaster Risk Management aims to lessen the impact of natural hazards and related risks through an integrated and coordinated manner.
For more information on Disaster Risk Management, please refer to the section "Specialised Services/Disaster Risk Management. ?
The main function of the sub programme: Land Use Management is to protect the agricultural land of the Western Cape with the aim of maintaining a sustainable agricultural sector.
This is done by providing advice and comments to clients on applications for subdivision and /or rezoning of agricultural land. For more information on Land Use Management, please refer to the section "Specialised Services / Land Use Management".?